Initially beginning with a client base of four regional shires (Chinchilla, Murilla, Taroom and Bendemere), Brandon & Associates has maintained strong relationships, working with many councils throughout South-West and Central Queensland over its 57-year history.
Currently servicing councils including Western Downs Regional Council, Maronoa Regional Council, Bulloo Shire Council, Paroo, Blackall-Tambo and the Central Highlands Regional Council, we are fully equipped to offer a complete range of local government engineering services from planning and administration through to construction supervision and building certifications.
We take great pride in developing our extensive knowledge of relationships with local government to continue to build on this local understanding, whilst importantly ensuring the conservation and reshaping of both built and natural environments in the areas in which we work and live.
Planning and Administration
- Management of Council works department (roads, water, sewerage, parks & gardens, cemeteries, sporting facilities, depots and streetscapes)
- Preparation of annual works programs and budgets for Council operations, including capital works and maintenance
- Bridge replacement programs
- Bitumen reseal programs
- Plant replacement programs, including tender calling and evaluation
- Infrastructure projects planning reports
- Development applications review, involving recommendations
- Project management and administration of capital works
- Preparation of tender submissions for state funded road works projects and subsequent negotiation
- Project scheduling and prioritisation, engaging co-ordination of council construction and maintenance crews
- Building certifications