History

1956
Mr C M (Gerry) Calder establishes an engineering firm based in Chinchilla, working as the sole-practitioner. A man of many talents, Gerry Calder held a Master of Engineering, was an Authorised Surveyor and also acted as a Barrister of the Supreme Court of Queensland. Proudly he also undertook the survey for the Queensland and Brisbane River landmark, the Story Bridge.

1975
Mr Graham Brandon commenced as a Partner in the firm that was renamed ‘Calder & Brandon’. Following the death of Mr Calder in a car accident in March 1975, the total staff consisted of Mr Brandon and Company Secretary John McQuaid.

1985
The firm was renamed ‘GJ Brandon & Associates’ and continued to trade under this name until it was changed to ‘Brandon & Associates’ in 2000.

1986
Landmark year for our Roma office, after many years based in the Roma Town Council offices, Brandon & Associates established a permanent engineering office in Roma.

1996
Brandon & Associates expand to Toowoomba to develop into new markets and improve our ability to service existing clients locally. In 2005, the Toowoomba office relocated to current premises due to growth and our ongoing success as a business.

Today
From humble beginnings with only one staff member, Brandon & Associates now employs over 40 people across the Darling Downs/South-West regions and Central Queensland.

Brandon & Associates has also built on its initial client base of four regional shires (Chinchilla, Murilla, Taroom and Bendemere) and has since established long term relationships with many Councils in South-West and Central Queensland.

Today, we provide professional services to various private enterprises, not for profit organisations and the Western Downs Regional Council, Maranoa Regional Council, Bulloo Shire Council, Paroo, Blackall-Tambo and the Central Highlands Regional Council among others.